Views
Helpful
Replies

Connectivity options between Fabric Interconnect and Nexus 2000

ChristianPaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'd like to know what models of nexus 2000 fabric extenders can i use if i want to connect them to a pair of fabric interconnects 6248UP in a FEX deployment, so i can move service profiles between blade and rack servers.

Thanks for your answers.

Christian

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just to add, in the next release (2.1) coming out tentatively this month, we will be adding support for Single Wire Management (SWM) where both data and Management can utilize the same wire between the Rack servers and 2232 FEX's.   This does require the 2nd Gen Cisco Virtual Interface Card (UCSC-PCIE-CSC-02) adapter as well which will be released along with UCS version 2.1.  Existing adaptors will continue to utilize the two wire integration model documented in the guide above.

Regards,

Robert

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Christian,

Have a look at this guide.  It should answer all your questions:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/unified_computing/ucs/c-series_integration/ucsm2.0.2/b_UCSM_202_C-Integration.html

Regards,

Robert

Just to add, in the next release (2.1) coming out tentatively this month, we will be adding support for Single Wire Management (SWM) where both data and Management can utilize the same wire between the Rack servers and 2232 FEX's.   This does require the 2nd Gen Cisco Virtual Interface Card (UCSC-PCIE-CSC-02) adapter as well which will be released along with UCS version 2.1.  Existing adaptors will continue to utilize the two wire integration model documented in the guide above.

Regards,

Robert

Thanks Robert, this is the document i needed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card