cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ConvertTo-UcsCmdlet Issues - Could not find the log files directory or Breaks out with -Path

tg_bennett
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a problem with PowerTool where I get the error Could not find the log files directory if I just run ConvertTo-UcsCmdlet with no parameters. Based on some older posts (2013-2014) with similiar issues I tried to run ConvertTo-UcsCmdlet -GuiLog -Path "C:\Users\<userID>\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\log\.ucsm\<latest log file>.log" or ConvertTo-UcsCmdlet -XML -Path "C:\Users\<userid>\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\log\.ucsm\<latest log file>.log" after browsing to the log file to find the name of the most recent log file.Both of these will show the commands that were run from tasks in the GUI then break out to the prompt. I haven't had any condition where it will return with WARNING: Please review the generated cmdlets before deployment. and wait for GUI tasks to be performed as in the past. I have also tried running PowerTool and using Start-ucsguisession -LogAllXml to run UCSM. While I can use the workaround where it displays the latest commands that were run (ConvertTo-UcsCmdlet -GuiLog -Path ) it is difficult to see which one ran as a result of the last task I performed.

Windows 10

Java - 1.6.0_26

Powertool - 1.5.1.0

UCSM - 2.2(5c)B

Path to UCSM log files - C:\Users\<userid>\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\log\.ucsm\

Has anyone experienced this recently and/or have anything I can try to get back to the way it used to be (waiting for Tasks in the GUI)?

thanks,

Tim

1 Reply 1

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Tim

A newer version is available:

Cisco UCSM PowerTool - Cisco UCSM Module of Windows PowerShell  Login Required
CiscoUcs-PowerTool-1.5.2.0.exe
05-NOV-2015 11.96 MB

I would try it ! most likely if will however not resolve the issue.

Has anyone done it with Windows 10 ?

Walter.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card