Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCve14926 additional information

Torsten.Racky
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i need additional Information about this Bug (CSCve14926).

I've seen this bug in the release Notes, but the information there were very less.

We just check if the syntome at our customers correspond to the bug.

Thank's

Torsten

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mastin Bailey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Torsten,

I'm sorry for the delay in someone getting back to you on here, and I'm happy to do my best and assist.  

Does your customer fit into all of the conditions below?  This has been required for us to see this defect hit.

1) platform is either a C240-M4-SX or C240-M4L

2) server has internal SSD's in slots 1 and 2, which are managed by the PCH controller

3) server also has disks in external slots 1 and 2, which are managed by a PCIe based controller

4) storage profile manual disk group policy in sp configured with external disks 1 and 2

To test if your customer is hitting this defect or not, we can set up a test using the auto disk group policy instead.  In this defect, what's actually happening is that both the SAS and PCH controllers have disk ID's 1 and 2, and the manual group storage profile returns the PCH device instead of skipping all out of band controllers during association. 

Does that make sense?

Best,

Mastin

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Mastin Bailey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Torsten,

I'm sorry for the delay in someone getting back to you on here, and I'm happy to do my best and assist.  

Does your customer fit into all of the conditions below?  This has been required for us to see this defect hit.

1) platform is either a C240-M4-SX or C240-M4L

2) server has internal SSD's in slots 1 and 2, which are managed by the PCH controller

3) server also has disks in external slots 1 and 2, which are managed by a PCIe based controller

4) storage profile manual disk group policy in sp configured with external disks 1 and 2

To test if your customer is hitting this defect or not, we can set up a test using the auto disk group policy instead.  In this defect, what's actually happening is that both the SAS and PCH controllers have disk ID's 1 and 2, and the manual group storage profile returns the PCH device instead of skipping all out of band controllers during association. 

Does that make sense?

Best,

Mastin

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card