cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM cluster (8 nodes) to configure IP address DNS server and Domain Name.

I have a customer with CUCM cluster with 8 nodes (Publisher + 7 Subscribers) System version: 9.1.2.13900-10.

I need:

- Configure IP address for DNS servers (DNS 1 and DNS 2)

- Configure Domain Name on the servers.

Please can you say me if exist any risk for this operation???.,

Thanks and regards,

Camilo.

mmxvi

9 Replies 9

nathanjgrace
Level 1
Level 1

You may need to remove and re-add the servers to ELM. Changing the DNS servers or domain name used to generate a new license MAC. 

Are the servers defined as host names or IP addresses? Do you have A and PTR records defined already? Are the CM nodes using name resolution for SIP trunks or anything else?

Overall it's not that big of a deal as long as you verify licensing and all your DNS records. 

Good luck!

Good morning Nathan.,

In the PLM are with name and on the CUCM with IP address, please look word attach archive with screen captures.

Thanks for your answer.,

Camilo

mmxvi

The PLM entry is just the name for the entry, not a direct reference to the hostname (although they might match).  In the Hostname/IP column, we see that they are defined by IP.

You should be safe to make the change, just check PLM and dbreplication after the nodes are all back up!

Good afternoon Nathan.,

thanks you very much for your support., i will requesto to our customer work windows to apply this configuration.

Thanks and best regards,

Camilo.

mmxvi

Good afternoon,

Please someone know how i can apply bulk to Delete the Trust List / ITL File from Cisco CP-7821.

Thanks you,

Camilo.

mmxvi

Good afternoon Nathan.,

I have one last question, according to the procedure, would be to restart the server cluster?.

In this case, first remove the servers (instances) from the ELM (Enterprise License Manager), then I restart the cluster and finally reentry instances or servers in ELM?

Or

Just I proceed with

Elimination of instances from ELM.

Configure DNS IPs and domain name on the servers

Re-entry and checking instances on ELM, and check Dbreplication.

Thank you and best regards.,

Camilo.

mmxvi

I would just make the change first on the pub, then reboot it.  If you can still see it in PLM and sync to the instance (and System > Licensing on CM Pub looks good), then no need to do anything.  Just change the subs and reboot them individually.  Check replication ('utils dbreplication runtimestate' from the pub) when done.  All should have status "2".

If licensing shows an error or it can't sync, you can delete and re-add the node to PLM.

Best of luck!

Good afternoon Nathan.,

I will comment the results once the activity.

thank you very much.

Camilo.

mmxvi

Good morning Nathan.,

Let you know that the procedure was successful you provided me, it was not necessary to delete and recreate instances.

Was first Publisher server and then subscribers servers one by one.

The only issue that has arisen is that CP-7821 devices are reset each time you take about 20 to 30 minutes to register, the only way to lose this time is apply factory reset.

Or

through manual settings to do the following:
"Settings" button
Press number "5"
Press "4"
Press option "Softkey Security"
Press Softkey Restore option "

The point is that there is more than 2000 devices of this model in the cluster and know if there are any massive procedure for doing so.

Thanks and regards,

Barbaste Camilo A.

mmxvi

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card