cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Direct Attached Storage: Still Supported in UCS 2.0?

j.dewiele
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

Is this still supported in UCS 2.0 with the new 6100 with "unified ports"?

4 Replies 4

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes.  There's still the requirement for an upstream MDS to push zoning to comply with support (TAC) requirements for a production system. 

In a future release we're looking at removing this restriction and possibly adding zoning capabilities directly to UCSM.  At present if you don't have an upstream MDS, you're reliant on LUN masking which is why it's not a supported feature without one. 

Regards,

Robert

Robert,

How should the 6120's and MDS/N5K be configured for direct connect with upstream FC switch? I want to cofirm if my understanding is correct.

I believe the upstream switch should not be in NPIV mode, and all ports on the upstream connected to the 6120 should be in E_port mode. Should the default zoning be disabled on the 6120's since it will be receiving its zoning from the upstream FC switch?

Is it possible to do direct attached FCoE and fabric attached FC storage at the same time? I have two different storage arrays and would like to have them both connected in this manner:

Do anyone have details on how to configure the 6120s and MDS9124 to push zoning?

Hi Daniel,

There is nothing special needed to configure a zone push. As long as the FI is the switch mode and has an uplink configured with the correct vans allowed to an upstream MDS there will be zone push.

A quick note, version 2.1 has the new feature of zone configuration in UCSM for the direct attached storage.

./Abhinav

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card