cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable UCS Manager power supply alerts

Robert Leibold
Level 1
Level 1

We have two chassis in our lab that were bought with only two power supplies.  It's only lab, so not really concerned about power redundancy here.  Is there a way to disable all the alarms not having redundant power causes?  Just want to clear the clutter as I know we don't have redundant power and don't care in this particular environment.

Thanks,

Bob

7 Replies 7

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Bob

Why not set the global policy to "non redundant" ?

Hey Walter,

Sorry, should've mentioned that I had tried that already.  It did not clear the preexisting alerts that had been created.  I also tried to acknowledge the alert as well, but it won't clear.

Maybe if I re-acknowledge the chassis, it will pick up that policy change?

Thanks,

Bob

Hi Bob

Ok, understand !

Which version of UCS are you running ?

Yes, try Ack'ing the chassis

Just be Aware, that ACk'ing the chassis is disruptive, any traffic in / out of the chassis is discontinued for about 20+ seconds (no Server reboot !).

Walter.

Got pulled away and just getting back to this.  Ack'ing the chassis does not clear the alarm.  I also tried the suppression task using default-chassis-phys-maint and then ack'ing the chassis.  The alarms persist.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Bob

If using UCSM 2.1 or above, you may take advantage of "Fault Suppresion" and tell the system to ignore that (I have not tried the redundancy lost messages though):

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/gui/config/guide/2-1/b_UCSM_GUI_Configuration_Guide_2_1/b_UCSM_GUI_Configuration_Guide_2_1_chapter_0110000.html#concept_2979E86A5D50446EBE9F8868DA6F70A9

** default-chassis-all-maint >> Suppresses faults for the chassis and all components installed into the chassis, including all blade servers, power supplies, fan modules, and IOMs. This policy applies only to chassis.

** default-chassis-phys-maint—Suppresses faults for the chassis and all fan modules and power supplies installed into the chassis. This policy applies only to chassis.

HTH,

-Kenny

Jarret Gonzales
Level 1
Level 1

Mr. Leibold,

Please make the following adjustment on each Chassis within your environment:

1. In the Navigation pane, click the Equipment tab.
  2. On the Equipment tab, click the Equipment node.
  3. In the Work pane, click the Policies tab.
  4. Click the Global Policies subtab.
  5. In the Power Policy area, click:
    Non Redundant—All installed power supplies are turned on and the load is evenly balanced. Only smaller configurations (requiring less than 2500W) can be powered by a single power supply.

Next, confirm your 'Global Fault Policy' configuration by referencing the document below:
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/gui/config/guide/2-1/b_UCSM_GUI_Configuration_Guide_2_1/b_UCSM_GUI_Configuration_Guide_2_1_chapter_0110000.html#concept_761338595867447AB8B907473DEA19CE

Afterward, continue to reacknowledge both of the Chassis' within your environment and let us know if errors return. You may also want to provide screenshots of the 'Faults' tab within UCS and your current 'Global Fault Policy' configuration so that others can continue to assist. 

-- Jarret Gonzales

Hey Jarret,

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately, the power policy has already been set to non redundant and the chassis have been re-acknowledged.  This does NOT clear the alarms.  Looking at this support forums https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/10886546/power-state-redundancy-failed it appears that there is no way to clear this error.

Thanks,

Bob

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card