cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disks not seen in C200 server

r.pennington
Level 5
Level 5

I have just been trying to solve this issue but with no success.

I have a C200 server with 4 x SATA 7.2k 250 disks in there, the problem is whatever I try the server just doesn’t seem to see the disks.  

In the basic boot up screen I should get this below showing the raid software kicking in and detecting the drives.

From the manual showing how it should be

Drawing1.jpg

However I just get the first two lines showing that the raid software is starting up but then a message saying no hard disks found, just the port 5 DVD drive.

Also if I go into the BIOS and have a look at the list of devices in the SATA config it shows all ports as blank except for the DVD drive.

This is a fresh out of the box server is there anything I need to do to make the server pick up the hard drives? From what I can see it should just do it automatically on boot up?  

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

adambaum1
Level 1
Level 1

Have you opened the case and checked for loose cables?  Also check to make sure all cards, both in slots and on the motherboard, are completely seated.  Things can come loose in transit.

adam

View solution in original post

Can you confirm if there are any lights on the RAID controller card?

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

adambaum1
Level 1
Level 1

Have you opened the case and checked for loose cables?  Also check to make sure all cards, both in slots and on the motherboard, are completely seated.  Things can come loose in transit.

adam

Yeah all seems to be in place all the disks light up, If I go in the CIMC and look in the inventory it shows that there are 4 disks in there as present, if I pull out 2 disks it shows them as absent so i know the server is physically seeing them and powering them up.....just nothing else seems to acknowledge them.

Can you confirm in the BIOS of the server that the on-board controller is set to Enabled/Enhanced mode?

Yes it is set to that, and as you can see in the bois the disks aren't shown.

Can you confirm if there are any lights on the RAID controller card?

Yep no lights on the raid controller, strangely with the

plastic post stands that the board sits on were slightly to big so the controller wouldn't properly sit down on, v strange.

Thanks to all who replied server now working.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card