cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

driver for N20-AE0002

russ.givens
Level 1
Level 1

Where do I get the drivers for the N20-AE0002.  I'm building my first windows machine on a B200M2 with Windows 2008R2.  I have a single network interface in the service profile for the machine that can failover from Fabric A to Fabric B.  I installed 2008R2 and I look in device manager of the machine and I see two network interfaces ( Intel(R) 82598EB 10 Gibabit AF Dual Port network connection).   I heard that if you install the driver for the adapter that it will change the interfaces from 2 to 1 in device manager.  Is that accurate?  I downloaded ucs-bxxx-drivers.2.0.2.iso but I don't see a driver for this adapter on the iso.  The N20-AE0002 is the M71KR Emulex converged network adapter correct?  I installed the Emulex storage drivers without issue and those were on the ucs-bxxx-drivers.2.0.2.iso.  I also tried to install the Intel 82598 network driver from the ISO but that didn't seem to change anything.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is incorrect.  The M71KR-E adaptor you have presents two adapters to the OS regardless of how many you configure in the service profile.  Only one will be active.  The driver should be bundled with Windows which is why you see the devices in device manager as network devices.

Since there's only one active adaptor there's no need for a teaming driver.  UCS will handle the fabric failover which will be transparent to the OS.

Regards,

Robert

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is incorrect.  The M71KR-E adaptor you have presents two adapters to the OS regardless of how many you configure in the service profile.  Only one will be active.  The driver should be bundled with Windows which is why you see the devices in device manager as network devices.

Since there's only one active adaptor there's no need for a teaming driver.  UCS will handle the fabric failover which will be transparent to the OS.

Regards,

Robert

thanks.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card