Views
Helpful
Replies

Edit Server Userlabel with UCS Central Powershelltool

mr.ucs
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

I have got a problem with editing User Label from Cisco UCS Servers by UCS Central.

We want to store the ASSETID in the Userlabel field of an UCS Rackserver, Bladeserver or Chassis Userlabel field.

I can edit the value in UCS Central with the following Powershellcommand:

Get-UcsCentralManagedObject -Dn (get-ucscentralserver | where {$_.Serial -EQ SERIALNUMBER} |select dn)[0].dn | Set-UcsCentralManagedObject -PropertyMap @{UsrLbl= ASSETID;} -force

The Result is, that the Label is only changed in UCS Central. There is no sync between Central and UCS Manager.

Will I change it in UCS Manager manually these Information are synchronized wit UCS Central.

Is there a possibility to synchronize these data? Or is there an other Powershellcomand to do this?

Thanks

Matthias

3 Replies 3

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There was an older enhancement request, https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuq43403/?reffering_site=dumpcr where that was being requested.

The user label at the UCSM level is actually applied to the equipment, outside of the service profile, so I'm wondering if that is by design, or if that was an unintended omission where the global SP userlabel does not override the local user label.

You would probably need to open a TAC case, and have them file bug/enhancement request, or reference the previous mentioned bug for clarification.

Kirk...

Thanks for your fast response. 

We will open a case for this issue tomorrow.

Do you think, there will be a workaround?

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When I tested this in the lab, I had a userlabel value set at the equipment UCSM level, and a different UCS central User label, only seen at the UCS central level.

I don't think there is a way to manually push the UCS central label down currently.

Only work around would be to manually set the same user label field at the UCSM level for the particular server.

Kirk...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card