Views
Helpful
Replies

Error while UCSM validation - HyperFlex

Rui Taveira
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I'm having an error while validating the UCS environment in the HyperFlex Installer.

The error is:

Reason: 'FabricSubGroup' object has no attribute 'oper_state'

The only probable cause that I can think of is the fact that the uplink from the FI to the Nexus switch is made with a breakout cable (40G to 4x10G). Although all 4 interfaces are up, on the FI the link led is off.

As anyone seen this?

The UCS system is on 4.0.(4g) and the HyperFlex Installer4.0(2a).

Thank you very much for any help.

Best regards.

7 Replies 7

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You may want to open a TAC case on that.

Need to see the installer logs to see what the real error is (making assumption that the uplinks are up, and there are no 'enm' pinning type issues going on.

If you open the service profile 'VIF' paths, do all the VNICs/veths show as 'pinned' to an uplink or port-channel on the FI?

Is this Intersight or local installer based install?

Kirk...

Thanks for the reply.

This is a fresh local install, so there are no service profiles created yet.

Regards.

Oh, so you are seeing that right after you have provided UCSM credentials during the first couple of steps of running a new cluster workflow?

kirk...

Kirk,

That's right.

After filling all the information requested, when the installer starts to validate the UCS system it gives this error.

Regrads,

I am seeing this issue too.  Same, fresh install very early in the process.  Local install, no InterSight.

Running version 4.0(1b) of the installer, the validation was successful.

Regards.

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you are hitting this error, please open a TAC case.

Suspect you are hitting https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvt35342

I believe the same issue for Intersight based install for 4.02a has been resolved, so please retry the intersight based install, for those of you who were getting failures for that install method.. 

Kirk...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card