Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ESXI not seeing Hard Drives

I would like to start off by saying I am brand new to UCS, however, I am interested in expanding my knowledge with the platform, so please feel free to let me know if more details are needed. To do this I had just purchased a refurb UCS C220 M3 server that I am trying to load ESXi onto. However, during the installation process of loading ESXi onto the server, I noticed VMWare ESXi does not see any of the Hard Drives as possible media storage to install the OS onto. Only the flash drive used to install ESXi is seen as a possible storage candidate. I have confirmed that the HD's are flushed into the drive bays and restarted the server multiple times. I have also confirmed that the version ESXI (6.7U3) is compatible with the system. However, I still have this issue. Also, for some reason, I cannot get the mgmt interface connected onto the network using either static or DHCP, so I can not get logged into CICM to check on what could be going wrong. When it is set for static, I can not ssh/ping to the device, and when set to DHCP, it does not even attempt to send out a discover request to my DHCP server. I have confirmed that both cable and uplink switch are good. Does anyone perhaps have a solution or some direction they could offer or is there a way to reset the system via the bios to reset prior set raid configs? Or is it possible that this server was just given to me trashed? Thanks again.

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card