cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

fabric interconnect 6248 inventory inoperable and not responding to console access

funnybhalla
Level 1
Level 1

my fabric interconnect suddenly stopped working, its front panel is not showing any color and I am not able to get the console access too. 

Hope someone will help with this . 

9 Replies 9

Rick1776
Level 5
Level 5
Is it both FI’s., did you recently do an upgrade, are your servers still forwarding and availabke for you to access?

Sounds like a RMA situation. I’ve seen this before in the field for a customer of mine and we had to RMA it.

one of the fi is working fine , i did nothing , it just went dead

You could go down the route to remove the FI from USC manger and write erase the config and join it back to the cluster. But I would setup a TAC case first before you do anything.

Hi,

did you managed to get the console access?

Hi @gruberwilli,

Saw your multiple post related to console access. Few questions I've.

1. Have you setup the correct baud rate? https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/hw/6200-install-guide/6200_HIG/6200_HIG_chapter_011.html#task_DC0605594CF6472497ADA527DC33B2BB

2. What is the status LED on non working FI? 

3. Any LED status on all ports? 

4. Can you check if your peer FI (working) is responding to console? To isolate console connection.

Please rate if you find it helpful. 

Regards,

MJ

Hello,

thanks for quick reply.

For your quick overview - this unit ran 2.0(4b) software. My attempt was to upgrade to 2.2.8l. I did successfully rebooted FI before. The upgrade probably doesn't went okay, so after few hours I decided to reboot the unit and try to check what's wrong. After the reboot, the unit did not come back at all. 

1) This unit used to work at 9600,8,1,n - I didn't changed anything on this

2) The status LED is OFF. Just the PSU's and FAN's LED's are ON. Also, when I connect L1/L2, the LED's come ON.

3) All indicators on the port side are OFF.

4) This unit was configured as standalone, just connected via L1/L2 to other FI.

I disconnected everything from FI, just console, power OFF/ON, but the same result. No response from the console. I would assume, that at least the BIOS will come on or any low level system prompt. Doing just reboot and the device is bricked?

Kind regards,

Willi

If status LED is off- then i'd assume FI to be dead. More details on LED status- since FI-62xx is based on N55xx. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus5000/hw/installation/guide/nexus_5000_hig/LEDs.html

What was the status before reboot? Did you try to console it before reboot? If you are sure console device is fine, raise TAC case and get it replaced. 

Please rate if you find it helpful.

Regards,

MJ

If you are opening a TAC case, just ask for Failure Analysis to find the cause of HW failure.

Regards,
MJ

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card