Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fabric Interconnect firmware downgrade

Hi, we are suppose upgrade our existing UCS infrastructure to the firmware version 2.2(6c), I have opened a tac case in order to get cisco expertise advice on behalf of this upgrade, we are running a highly critical system at a leading airline in sri lanka. The support engineer who handle the particular case informed me today that, it we would upgrade to the Firmware bundle 2.2(6c), we will not be able to downgrade the firmware level. Currently we are running firmware version 2.1(1a). Please advise. i could not detect when i go through hardware and software interoperability matric.

3 Replies 3

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

we will not be able to downgrade the firmware level ?

can you please clarify which firmware you are referring to: fabric interconnect, blade ?.......

Hi, thnks for your concer over my case, currently all of UCS infrastructure components (FI, UCS manager, IO Modules etc.) and blade server (B 200 M3 & adapters) components running 2.1.1a. we suppose  upgrade UCS infrastrucure components as well as blade server firmware also to the firmware version 2.2(6c). please advice us accordingly, If there is any conflict, pls advice us your recomendations. thank YOu

Hi

first of all, check the UCS 2.2 Release Notes

Note:
. there is a 2.2(6d) version
. take a special look at the UCS Release Supported Table
. take a special look at the Internal Dependencies Table

Important:
. If upgrading from a pre-2.2(1b) release and running Management Firmware Pack, refer to open caveat information for CSCud81176.
. for B200 M3 the recommended minimum software version is 2.1(3g)

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: