cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fabric Interconnect hardware upgrade -- which bundles on new FI:s?

robob
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I am in the process of writing instructions for an upcoming hardware change of UCS Fabric Interconnects -- from 6120XP to 6296UP.

The following document is what I have as an preparing guide: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/upgrading/from2-0/to2-0MR/b_UpgradingCiscoUCSFrom2-0To2-0MR/b_UpgradingCiscoUCSFrom1-4To2-0_chapter_0101.html#topic_41C5FAA4997143AFA4547EFD03AB5B45

What I am not fully sure on is -- do I need to have any more bundles than the infrastructure bundle on the new Fabric Interconnects?

As it is now, I have upgraded the firmware on the new Fabric Interconnects to match the one in the current FI:s. I also removed all the other bundles for B and C -series blades in the new Fabric Interconnects as I believe they get synced over when I make the change?

Best regards and thanks,

1 Reply 1

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you add a brand new FI to a existing one, it will automatically synch the version; you don't have to do it manually ( think this was introduced with 2.1.x); same is of course done with blade bundle.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card