cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failed login info: User Reached maximum session limit. UCSM 2.0(2q)

Hi All ,

Very frequently on while trying to log in to the UCS after typing in the correct username and password we are gettign the following error message :

"Failed login info: User Reached maximum session limit."

This is temporarily resolved by the following process :

ucsm-1-A /system/services/web-session-limits # set per-user 256

ucsm-1-A /system/services/web-session-limits # commit-buffer

We are managing the system via DCNM , and in the sessions list we do see sessions coming in from the DCNM's IP Address .

What is the cause of this is and what could be the permanent fix ?

Regards

Vikas Srivastava

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Vikas,

This is a recently found issue (I just found this last week actually).  DCNM is query the UCSM too often and clogging up the 32 session limit.

There are two workarounds:

1) Log in via CLI and clear the sessions

2) Perform a management switchover

I'll be logging a bug on this later this week, but it appears to be a DCNM bug rather than UCSM.  UCSM clears stale sessions but DCNM is hitting it too often per hour.  See if you can configure DCNM to poll less requently - this might also help.

Once I have the bug ID I will update this thread.

Regards,

Robert

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Vikas,

Please check the current active user sessions on FI by

scope security

show user-sessions local

show user-sessions remote

Padma

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Vikas,

This is a recently found issue (I just found this last week actually).  DCNM is query the UCSM too often and clogging up the 32 session limit.

There are two workarounds:

1) Log in via CLI and clear the sessions

2) Perform a management switchover

I'll be logging a bug on this later this week, but it appears to be a DCNM bug rather than UCSM.  UCSM clears stale sessions but DCNM is hitting it too often per hour.  See if you can configure DCNM to poll less requently - this might also help.

Once I have the bug ID I will update this thread.

Regards,

Robert

Additionally, make sure you create a dcnm-user account, rather than using your admin account.  The DCNM account only needs to be ready only.

This way you can keep the default per-user session limit at 32, and always have sessions available for your admin/managment accounts.

Robert

Thanks Robert , appreciate your help on this .

Hi Robert,

Do you happen to have the bug ID?

Best regards,

Dany

Very old thread but working with UCS Manager 3.1.3b still have the same issue and clearing the user-sessions doesn't help.

only after connect mgmt and "cluster lead a/b" solves the issue.

Solution:

ssh admin@ucsm:

scope security

clear-user-sessions web

clear browser cache

close/open browser and login

Knowing how to adjust the user-session timeout would fix this, not increasing sessions (and memory heap usage). I've done the opposite and limited mine to 8/32

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: