cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

failover properties set at dvswitch level??

NaelShahid_2
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking to define an explicit failover order for all dvportgroups created from within vcloud director 5.1 as to control traffic flow across cisco UCS fabric interconnects. Is there a way to set the defaults at the dvswitch level so all created dvportgroups inherit these settings? Currently any created port group is defined with the default load balancing policy “Route based on originating virtual port” with all adapters active…

If this is not possible I may need to investigate a single uplink with fabric failover, however, I do not want to deviate from our current standard of allowing esxi to control failover / failback.

2 Replies 2

michaelstump
Level 1
Level 1

AFAIK, this is a feature that has been missing from the dvSwitch for a while now. vSS doesn't suffer from this problem. Some people end up writing a script to correct the settings per dvportgroup, but that's only fixes the symptom, not the underlying problem.

mike

Thanks for the response – Looks like it is not possible to modify at the dvs.

To stick with our design principals I have decided to continue with the 2 x vnics for the dvs, set both vnics to the SAME preferred fabric and enable fabric failover for both. I will then leave the default failover policy as it is.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card