Helpful
Replies

FC Clarifications

amoussaPersonal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have the current Setup:

Cisco UCS Chassis (8 Blades) and 4 Physical Servers-->Nexus 5000 --> EMC Storage

The connection between UCS and Nexus is 2x4Gb

Connection between Each server and N5k is 1x4Gb

Nexus is connected to EMC only throught 2x4Gb

So overall I have 6x4GBconnection to N5k which is connected to EMC throught 2x4GB, is there anyway that I loose data?

In addition I will use EMC SAN copy to migrate data from an old SAN to the new one, Can I configure the zone as read only?

regards

1 Reply 1

bmoody
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Shadow Worker,

The ideal toplogy would be dual fabric interconnects, each fabric interconnect connecting to separate 5ks on  different vsans, thus providing full redundancy. Each 5k would be connected to the EMC Array providing redundant connectivity to storage. The standalone servers would have 2 hbas one connected to each 5k on separate vsans  providing redundancy for them (which you currently do not have). Its not clear to me based on your post if you are running a standalone fabric interconnect or if you have the described above topology. If you are running standalone then you have single point of failures with the fabric interconnect and the 5k. In standalone mode you may or may not have a bottleneck between the

5k and the EMC array depending on traffic load. As far as  zoning for SAN Copy EMC has zoning guidelines available

online based on array type, a quick web search will get you to the right document.

Thanks,

Bill

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card