cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FEX not configured

fulei1984
Level 1
Level 1

In my ucs system, the chassis 3 links to the FI 6120 port1/5 with only one link, but it has a fault with " FEX not configured". so the FI could't discovery the servers within the chassis 3. Dose anyone can help me to reslove the problem? THANKS

3 Replies 3

jdrurycisco
Level 1
Level 1

You should be able to get the IOM to respond by selecting equipment tab, expanding the chassis section, select Chassis3, and then choose the "Acknowledge Chassis".  This should clear the FEX not configured error assuming all cabling is correct.  I am not sure why you have a 5th server port.  There should only be connections from the IOM modules in the chassis, no direct connection of non-B-Series servers or devices is supported.

you can try to reset the IOM connectivities.

After that, you should try to acknowledge the chassis which allow the UCS manager to update the latest information on the chassis.

Beside that, you should consider to update the latest firmware which significant improve VS the version 1.0

Regards,

Craig

http://malaysiavm.com

Yes, I try to reset the IOM, and the software version of whole system is 1.1.1j (latest). But after I power off and power on the chassis, the FI can recognize the chassis correctly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card