Views
Helpful
Replies

Fibre Channel Storage with UConUCS C-Series TRCs

Tim Heckmann
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I was wondering if I missed something in the TRC definition that implies FC storage support for UConUCS TRCs with C-Series rackmount servers (it is only explicitly stated in the B-Series blade server TRCs).

If my conclusion is correct and FC storage is not part of the TRCs as of now, are there any plans to add this storage option in the future?

Thanks in advance for your help and best regards,

Tim

1 Reply 1

Tim Heckmann
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just in case anyone else is interested in this topic, here is the answer (in a way):

All our C-Series TRCs only include DAS. At the moment there are no plans for TRCs with other adapter/storage options.

If you would like to use C-Series rackmount servers with FC storage, this would make your solution specs-based. The easiest way to get there would be to take one of the C-Series TRCs and add a compatible FC HBA (compatible here means listed in the UCS HCL as well as in VMware's HCL). This way the deviation from the TRC could be minimized.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card