cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

fix in fnic driver ???

gdesmo123
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to find what was fixed in esxi 5.5 fnic driver version 1.6.0.28.

I see 1.6.0.25 is still supported but want to know if there is a reason I should update to 1.6.0.28

Thanks

I don't see the fix in below mentioned release notes...

Note 53: The FNIC driver has been updated to resolve a known issue. It is recommended to update the driver. For more details, please refer to the VIC release notes: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/release/notes/VIC/2-2/vicdrivers_22_rn.html

5 Replies 5

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you please give us more detailed information !

e.g. which UCS version, ESXi version, blade model ?

Check also http://www.cisco.com/web/techdoc/ucs/interoperability/matrix/matrix.html

I am at fw 2.2 8b with B200 m4 and cna 1340. But I am not sure that matters as I am only looking for the list of fix(s) in the newer driver. Must be a bug fix id or documented somewhere...:)

Both drivers are supported in the interoperability matrix.

Thanks

Table 3 Lists the open caveats in release 2.2.

Defect ID
OS/Driver
Driver
Symptom
Workaround
First Bundle Affected

CSCuz76717

FNIC Driver: 1.6.0.25

ENIC Driver: 2.3.0.7

The ESX host reboot hangs while loading the ENIC module with NetFlow enabled.

If this issue occurs, do the following:

1. Disable Netflow

2. Reboot the system

3. Enable NetFlow

2.2(8a)B, 2.2(8a)C

CSCuz79138

FNIC Driver: 1.6.0.25

ENIC Driver: 2.3.0.7

The host becomes unresponsive when using second generation VIC adapters while running FCOE traffic and Ethernet traffic on the same side of the fabric with NetFlow enabled.

No known workaround for second generation VIC adapters. You can enable NetFlow with third generation VIC adapters or later generation adapters.

2.2(8a)B, 2.2(8a)C

Thanks Walter, I did see those two defect id's that pertain to the version of fnic driver I am currently running.

But I don't see anything stating if they are fixed in the newer fnic version 1.6.0.28. Or what issues this newer fnic driver address's. Downloading the release notes for the driver contains no helpful information either :(

It looks like the new drivers contains no fixes but adds support for the VIC 1285 and a new feature "FC Control Path Tracing"

See below from the ESXi driver release notes, these are in the zip file driver download.

Cisco Virtual Interface Card FCoE HBA Driver Release Notes
Driver Name   :  fnic
Driver Version:  1.6.0.28

New Features:
- FC Control Path Tracing

Bugs Fixed (since fnic version 1.6.0.25):
None.

New Hardware Supported:
Cisco UCS Virtual Interface Card 1285

Known Issues and Workarounds:
None.

Additional configuration options supported by the driver:
- Configurable FC control path tracing

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card