Views
Helpful
Replies

format local disk UCS blade server

Amr Hafez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

How could I format the local HDD of UCS blade server B200M4 using UCSM ?

I heard some body said that we can do that using scrub policy and the RAID type to no RAID, I could not accept that but I tried and failed

thanks

4 Replies 4

isaac anish
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

B420 M3 Server Does Not Support All Configuration Modes

The B420 M3 server does not support the following configuration modes in a local disk configuration policy:

• No RAID
  • RAID 6 Striped Dual Parity

In addition, the B420 M3 does not support JBOD modes or oper

Hi isaac,

thanks for reply

but let me clarify what I'm asking about

my question about a general procedures used to format and HDD in any UCS blade server 

my blade is B200M4, and I could  not find a method in UCSM to format it as I need to delete the ESXi on it

Hi Hafez,

Yep!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i got it.................. Right now what type of raid configuration do you configured over there...?

Did you Changed the RAID conf into Any conf....

Sometime we cant format through the UCSM,So that we have to do it from webBIOS controller of the server.

Before loading OS  you have to hit the clr+H u will get the webios screen....

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

Config a disk scrub policy for the disks:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/gui/config/guide/2-0/b_UCSM_GUI_Configuration_Guide_2_0/b_UCSM_GUI_Configuration_Guide_2_0_chapter_011100.html#d129007e4747a1635

Scrub Policy

This policy determines what happens to local data and to the BIOS settings on a server during the discovery process and when the server is disassociated from a service profile. Depending upon how you configure a scrub policy, the following can occur at those times:

Disk Scrub

One of the following occurs to the data on any local drives on disassociation:

• If enabled, destroys all data on any local drives
  • If disabled, preserves all data on any local drives, including local storage configuration

Hope that helps.

-Kenny

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card