cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

fsm-failed - F999984

VictorCruz97121
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we currently have a chassis with 4 B200 M5 blades working, we recently acquired 4 B200 M4 blades to incorporate them into the chassis, but when inserting one of the new new B200 M4 blades that arrived, the chassis showed the following critical alert:

[FSM:FAILED]: Cap the power consumption of chassis 1(FSM:sam:dme:EquipmentChassisPowerCap). Remote-Invocation-Error: no connection to MC endpoint

Do you know how to solve this error?

4 Replies 4

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Probably going to need a TAC case to look at logs.

Sometimes you can get alerts like this when IOMs are in a funny state, and are having troubles communicating with the CIMC.

I'm assuming you have tried reseating the new blades...

Kirk...

VictorCruz97121
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Kirk

thanks for answering.

That's right, I tried putting one of the new M4 blades in slot 5 and the error appeared, then I removed it and put it in slot 6 and the error persisted

Regards.

How far into discovery do you get?  I'm curious if there is a big mismatch between UCSM/IOM firmware and that of the CIMC and Adapter in the server...

Kirk...

VictorCruz97121
Level 1
Level 1

It could be said that in the UCSM console I see the 5 blades (4 M5 working correctly and 1 M4 which is the new one that we inserted) and I see practically the Firmware versions that have the M4 blade

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card