Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

[FSM:FAILED]: user configuration

Hello,

I got below alert after upgrade the UCS manager from 4.0. 1d to 4.0.4d. Could you please let me know how to resolve this issue. This is critical alert and what is impact of this alert.

Affected object           :           sys/user-ext

Description      :           [FSM:FAILED]: user configuration(FSM:sam:dme:AaaUserEpUpdateUserEp). Remote-Invocation-Error: Failed to configure AAA login block on NXOS, SAM coupler version not supported

ID        :           55235895

Type    :           fsm

Cause  :           fsm-failed

Thanks,

Suresh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The mixed versions are likely leading to the error message you are encountering. We do not recommend running UCSM at a different version than the Fabric Interconnects/IOMs nor is it supported. While the system may operate normally, unexpected behavior may occur. UCSM, FI and IOM should all be on the same version when possible.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Niko Nikas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Suresh,

Have all the components been upgraded at this point, or is the upgrade still in progress?

I have seen where during the upgrade process critical errors come up due to communication differences between versions.

--

Niko

Thanks Niko,

Currently I have upgraded UCS manager only. all other components running with version 4.0.1d not not planned yet to upgrade on 4.0.4d. Is there any impact of this alerts or can I ignore this alerts.

Thanks,

Suresh

The mixed versions are likely leading to the error message you are encountering. We do not recommend running UCSM at a different version than the Fabric Interconnects/IOMs nor is it supported. While the system may operate normally, unexpected behavior may occur. UCSM, FI and IOM should all be on the same version when possible.

Hello Austin,

Yes, I am planning to upgrade the rest all firmware of FIs,IOM, Servers in January 2020. because currently  don't have any downtime to upgrade till Jan. We have new UCS servers which was not supported to 4.0.1d hence we upgraded UCS manager to 4.0.4d.

Can we run as it is till Jan.

Thanks,

Suresh

You can run it, but if you have issues and call TAC for support we will ask you to correct the firmware levels in order to troubleshoot. We have not tested running UCSM 4.0.4 with the FI/IOM at 4.0.1. YMMV.

Thanks Austin,
Now UCSM, FIs and IOMs are running with same version and alerts has been resolved.

Hi Was Austin,

We are using FW 4.1(1a) and all are in same version. But still we are seeing the same error with Faulty code F999621.

It is hard to understand what is going on without looking at your environment, but its possible you were trying to make authentication changes that led to this error.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card