Views
Helpful
Replies

Global Service Profile Association Issue with UCS Central

fr_fiocre
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with Global Service Profil association from UCS Central.

After creating all my Global Pool/Policie/SP-Template i create a SP from my Template (from here no prob)

When I associate my SP with a Blade I have a fail in the step sequence that you can see in the "Step_Sequence" file atteched

It create eeror message that you can see in the attached files "Error1, Error2, Error3"

To check if it come from my configuration i created an "empty" SP from UCS Central with no vNIC/vHBA/Policy, and i have the same problem when i deploy it in my bale (i tried with different blade in different UCS Domain).

To be sure that come from UCS Central, I created a local SP with the global policies i created on UCS Central, and it work. what i saw is that the step what fail before is skiped when i create my SP from local domain.

My questions are:

- Do you know what is the step that fail in the Step Sequence?

- Do you have an idea of what is this error ?

Thanks for the Help

Best Regards

5 Replies 5

Walter Dey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

As you can see, the error is "copy files to peer node......"

Have you a firewall between UCS Central and UCS domain.

Required TCP Ports

The following TCP ports must be open between Cisco UCS Manager and a registered Cisco UCS domain for the firmware management and backup functionality to work correctly:

• LOCKD_TCPPORT=32803
  • MOUNTD_PORT=892
  • RQUOTAD_PORT=875
  • STATD_PORT=32805
  • NFS_PORT="nfs"(2049)
  • RPC_PORT="sunrpc"(111)

Thanks for the reply,

I have no firewall between my UCSM and my UCS Central

Something i forgot to specify : UCS Firmware 2.2(3b), UCS Central 1.2(1a)

I think i found the solution.

The problem seems to come from the firmware policy

when i try to deploy a service profile with the firmware policy attached it bug. when i try with the same SP without the firmware policy it works !

Very good !

Q. did you create a global host firmware package under

Domain Groups > Domain Groups Root > Firmware Management

This should work !

Its seems that the problem come when you try to deploy a Service Profile with a Firmware in the Firmware Policy. The solution i found is to create a Firmware Policy with no Firmware selected and it works.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: