cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HDD not recognized C220 M5

raziahmed
Level 1
Level 1

We are updating C220 M5 server to Centos 7.5 from RHEL. There are couple of issues.

- First we are not seeing the existing RHEL and there is no option available in CIMC to boot from HDD. 

- Now we mounted the Centos ISO file and used driver disk with latest files but it was unable to recognize the files

-  If we ignore the above step and move on then in Destination directory, we don't see any Drives.

- updated firmware and CIMC with latest version using HUU files

$ /chassis # scope hdd
$ /chassis/hdd # show detail
Name HDD1_STATUS:
LocateLEDStatus : TurnOFF
Name HDD2_STATUS:
LocateLEDStatus : TurnOFF
Name HDD3_STATUS:

8 Replies 8

jim_atkinson
Level 1
Level 1

Have you checked your BIOS Boot option to ensure Legacy boot is selected? You can also open the CIMC GUI to check the Virtual Disk and validate that it is marked as the Boot partition

Thanks. I tried legacy in CIMC as you suggested but still don't see HDD. I am not seeing any Virtual drive information available in CIMC GUI

If you have drives connected to the embedded controller, then you won't see them itemized in the CIMC, but will only seem them when the mega_SR optionROM loads via cntrl+M, which is where you would define your raid volumes.

Kirk...

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Would be helpful to know what storage controller is in use... 12Gb sas controller, or the embedded mega_SR/software raid version, as that will determine what drive needs to be in place for your new installer to be able to read the existing storage.

I would check your existing boot order to see if it references an embedded LUN,,, or if it's the MEZ slot...

Kirk...

From CIMC GUI I can only see FlexUtil Storage there is no other controller shown over there. Please see the attached file.Also I have attached Storage Controller information for review

Thanks Kirk for a detail solution and appreciate your continued support.

After following the above steps and loading the right driver the installer displayed the vHDD but with wrong size. Previously we had RHEL installation.

I mounted the following drive as removable drive: megasr-18.01.2018.0308-1-rhel75-x86_64.dd

Also on the boot menu I appended the following option

For RHEL 7.x (32- and 64-bit), type:

linux dd modprobe.blacklist=ahci nodmraid

HDD_Not_recognized.PNG

Can you confirm that you have been able to go into the MegaSR boot time utility (control+M) to actually create a virtual raid 0/1 volume?

Not seeing any drives from the installer makes sense if the PCH controller is in software raid mode, but a virtual drive has not been created yet.

Kirk...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card