Views
Helpful
Replies

Host Upgrade Utility download issue / C210 M2 firmware upgrade

Damien
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Community !

I need to update VMware vSphere on a Cisco C210 M2 standalone server. I check the compatibility matrix and find the latest firmware version supported with VMware vSphere 5.5: version 1.5(6).

As I understand, updating server firmware needs HUU.

When I go to Downloads Home Products Servers - Unified Computing UCS C-Series Rack-Mount Standalone Server Software UCS C210 M2 Rack-Mount Server Software, the latest version available is 1.4(3x).

Anybody know why?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Updated/Corrected from Previous Erroneous Post:

C210-M2 is End of Sale.

End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Announcement for the Cisco UCS C200 M2 High-Density Rack Server and Cisco UCS C210 M2 Genera…

• The latest HUU for a C210-M2 Server is 1.4.3x. The Asterisked Version is Engineering Recommendation.
  • There is no support for ESXi 5.5, Support stopped at ESXi 5.0u1 - Please refer to the Hardcopy HW/SW Compatibility Guide.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Damien
Level 1
Level 1

Excuse me. Where are gone yesterday answers to this thread?

Your answer is clearly false. First, I checked the UCS HW & SW tool before opening this thread.

As explained in my previous "disappeared" posts, this utility contains errors:

• The configuration includes one note: "The C210-M2 server requires release 1.4.3u [use HUU 1.4.3u].". This means, use the u version, not the lastest.
  • The UCS release selected is 1.5(6). This version doesn't exist for the C210 M2.

The lastest version (included in HUU 1.4.3x) is :

• CIMC : 1.4(3x)
  • BIOS : 1.4.3l

It seems this is the right version to be used with vSphere 5.5.

Please, update this tool. Informations are wrong and I have never seen as little ergonomic tool: unable to find the minimum compatible version of the firmware to be used with a specific OS version.

Updated/Corrected from Previous Erroneous Post:

C210-M2 is End of Sale.

End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Announcement for the Cisco UCS C200 M2 High-Density Rack Server and Cisco UCS C210 M2 Genera…

• The latest HUU for a C210-M2 Server is 1.4.3x. The Asterisked Version is Engineering Recommendation.
  • There is no support for ESXi 5.5, Support stopped at ESXi 5.0u1 - Please refer to the Hardcopy HW/SW Compatibility Guide.

andrea_spo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

please check the following URL: Release Notes for the VMWare ESXi Installable Cisco Custom ISO Image - Cisco

Server C210/C200 M2 supports VMWare 5.5 (without any update) if they are running CIMC 1.4(3u), since CIMC 1.4(3x) is a minor upgrade it should fall in to the same support list...I guess.

It would be nice if someone from Cisco could answer us...

Regards

Andrea

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card