Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how delete internal port-channel with no members

Hi,

In Internal LAN section, I have a port-channel with no members. When I try to delete it with GUI, I have an error "Port channel cannot be deleted". With CLI, I only can delete member, but I have no members.

Thanks for help

Stéphane

6 Replies 6

dfilenko
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Most likely, this PO remained from having Chassis discovery policy set to port-channel (it's number is 1000 range usually) . You can set it back to individual links and then re-acknowledge the chassis. This will cause ~20 second connectivity disruption and should remove port channel.

Thank Dmitri for you answer.

I acknowledged the chassis with 2104XP modules and i still have the problem for 2 slots.

Check attachments

2104 does not support port-channels for connectivity.

What Link grouping preference is set to (under equipment -> policies-> global policies)?

Yes, this is why I don't understand the presence of port channel for the links of 2104.

The discovery policy of chassis is 2 links with no port channel, because on this FI we have 2104 and 2208. For 2208, I reset the links with port channel after the discovery.

My UCS system is with the last version of firmware.

Stéphane

Stéphane,

Once policy changed to individual links, decomission chassis 1 and re-commission it. If port-channel is not deleted then, please open support case with TAC and indicate actions that you have taken.

Hi Dmitri,

I already decommissioned the chassis, but the PO was always there

I will contact the support.

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card