cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I (re)install the Hyperflex vCenter plugin?

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi Experts,

I completed two Hyperflex installs in the past couple of days. In one instance, the HX Data Platform plugin was automatically added to vCenter. In the other (which had a couple of hicoughs and had to be restarted) the HX Data Platform plugin was NOT added to vCenter.

So my question is, post-install, how can the  HX Data Platform plugin be added to vCenter?

I found this very unhelpful information here in relation to vSphere Replication Plug-in Fails after HX Plug-in Deployed

From the HX Data Platform Installer, reinstall the HX Data Platform plug-in and recreate the storage cluster.

So it seems that the plug-in is to be installed from the HX Data Platform Installer, it just doesn't tell me HOW to do the install. When I access the Installer and choose I know what I'm doing let me customize my workflow my only options are:

• Run UCS Manager Configuration
  • Run Hypervisor Configuration
  • Deploy HX Software
  • Create HX Cluster | Expand HX Cluster

I have a pretty fair idea what each of these does, and I suspect that the HX Data Platform plug-in is installed as part of Deploy HX Software, but I know that that does a lot of other things besides, so I am reluctant to re-deploy the entire HX Software.

Does anyone have any ideas how to extract the  HX Data Platform plugin so it can be added to vCenter manually?

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

After re-registering log fully out of VCenter and log in again.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Chris.

Didn't know if you had run across https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvb54848/?reffering_site=dumpcr .

You can try re-registering via storage controller with CMIP role with something similar to: stcli cluster reregister --vcenter-url 192.168.1.1 --vcenter-user administrator@vsphere.local

Also what version of vcenter are you working with?

I had a lot of issues with vcenter 6.0 in the lab, but few issues with vcenter 6.5

Thanks,

Kirk...

SANJU02
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Kirk for your response; I tried to register using a domain service account with full admin access to vCenter server;

Reregister StorFS cluster with a new vCenter ...
Cluster reregistration with new vCenter succeeded

But there was no sign of CISCO Hyperflex systems in Global inventory list of my vcenter server

Then I re-register again using administrator@vsphere.local

Reregister StorFS cluster with a new vCenter ...
Cluster reregistration with new vCenter succeeded

But still there is no sign of CISCO Hyperflex systems in Global inventory list 

My vCenter version is VCSA - 6.5.5973321

I am checking my vCenter server is register correctly

stcli cluster info | grep vCenter

vCenterClusterId: domain-c2168
vCenterDatacenter: UND-HX
vCenterURL: vc04prd.ad.cancerinstitute.org.au
vCenterDatacenterId: datacenter-2163
vCenterClusterName: CI-HX-UND

But I don't from where this plugin information will be restored. Is it something to do with vCSA ??? rather than Windows vCenter server.

After re-registering log fully out of VCenter and log in again.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card