cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you get a Cisco UCS B200 Chassis with M2 Blades to power up automatically after a power outage?

Adrian Martinez
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know the link to Cisco documentation that explains how to do this?

4 Replies 4

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Martinez,

When create a service profile, you can assign the desired power state of the server in the server assignment section.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/gui/config/guide/1.4/UCSM_GUI_Configuration_Guide_1_4_chapter28.html#task_000EC6B4D0BA4AA1B59B8D067B6CC02F

You can view the desired power state of a service profile in General > status section.

NOTE There is a typo in the doc where it says that this config is applied before associating the service profile. The action takes place after associating the service profile and not before.

HTH

Padma

Padma,

You can do this via the BIOs policy.

I hope that helps,

David Jarzynka

David,

Yes, BIOS policy has this option but I believe initial / desired powered state in service profile would supersede this configuration option.

HTH

Padma

Padma,

To my knowledge you cannot set the Service Profile power behavior after an AC power loss. You can the the "down" option during profile creation and this will power down the server after association but does does not help you after an AC power loss.

To my knowledge the BIOs policy is the only way.

Thanks,

Dave

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: