Views
Helpful
Replies

How to connect 12 physical SATA to UCSC-C240-M3

dmitriy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've found a few UCSC-C240-M3 with no drives and internal RAID controllers and we are going to use them for our test environment.

After reading the data sheets we knew that UCSC-C240-M3 supports up to 12 SATA drives as a single logic volume but we cannot figure out how to connect ALL of them to the RAID controller if the supported RAID controllers has only to mini-sas ports (8 SATA drives).

I'm new with UCSC-C240-M3, and I would like to ask how to connect 12 SATA drives the UCSC-C240-M3 and which RAID controller(s) we should to use?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

The C240M3 line has several models such as the c240M3L (12 drive) and c240M3S (24 drive) models that have a sas-expander plugged into the backplane that makes this possible.

The Large form factor 12 drive model you have comes with the sas expander installed.

As far as raid controllers goes, you can check the spec sheet for supported options at http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/servers-unified-computing/ucs-c-series-rack-servers/C240M3_LFF_SpecSheet.pdf

The LSI 9271CV-8i is one of the more common ones used, and comes with Battery/supercap backed 1 GB cache.

Thanks,

Kirk...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: