Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to get VIC adaptor name and its running firmware from UCSM XML API

Hello,

I'm trying to get VIC adaptor on the blade and its running firmware. I have preloaded VIC adaptor details in my script which are supported for the Cisco UCS blades. For eg, (1240, 1225, 1227, M81KR, etc). So, I need to match any one from this list and get its firmware from the XML output. When I looked at the API results (dn="sys"), I'm getting only the PID's of VIC adaptors but no model name (eg. VIC 1240). My question is: how do i map the PIDs with VIC adaptor names.

<adaptorUnit model="UCSB-MLOM-40G-01"...

<mgmtController ...

<firmwareRunning childAction="deleteNonPresent" deployment="boot-loader" packageVersion="" rn="fw-boot-loader" type="adaptor" version="2.0(1.104)"/>

<firmwareRunning childAction="deleteNonPresent" deployment="system" packageVersion="2.2(3c)B" rn="fw-system" type="adaptor" version="4.0(1c)"/>

In the above output, I'm interested in getting the version="4.0(1c) by making sure the VIC adaptor name is 1240.

Thanks,

Karthick

4 Replies 4

Folks,

I'm hoping for some help here. Thanks!

can you not use powertools?

Get-UcsAdaptorUnit |  Get-UcsMgmtController | Get-UcsFirmwareRunning

The tool uses UCSM XML API and we cannot deviate from that. Anyways, I have figured it out in the XML API. To get the VIC adapter models(like 1240, 1280, etc) one has to map the model or pid. Below is the list I came up with and it worked in multiple configs. The end goal is to get the name of the VIC from the API results and can be achieved by mapping below PID.

UCSB-MLOM-40G-01

UCS 1240 Virtual Interface Card and Port Expander

UCSB-MLOM-40G-03

UCS 1340 Virtual Interface Card and Port Expander

UCS-VIC-M83-8P

UCS 1380 Virtual Interface Card

UCS-VIC-M82-8P

UCS 1280 Virtual Interface Card

UCSB-MEZ-QLG-03

UCS M73KR-Q Virtual Interface Card

UCSB-MEZ-ELX-03

M73KR-E

N20-AC0002

UCS M81KR Virtual Interface Card

UCSC-PCIE-CSC-02

UCS 1225 Virtual Interface Card

UCSC-PCIE-C10T-02

UCS 1225T Virtual Interface Card

UCSC-PCIE-C40Q-02

UCS 1285 Virtual Interface Card

UCSC-MLOM-CSC-02

UCS 1227 Virtual Interface Card

UCSC-PCIE-BSFP

UCS Broadcom NetXtreme II 57712

You will need to reference the PID + Vendor + Revision in the capability catalog.  In the UCSM GUI, that's how it gets the friendly details like Marketing Name, etc.   There is a PowerShell Cmdlet to do that for you as well.       

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card