cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

How to shutdown safely my UCS?

Hello guys

I have a CUCM 10.5 running over UCSC-C220-M3SBE and I want to know how Can I turn off my UCS in a safe mode.

I really don't know so much about UCS but I have made a little reseach and I found that I can turn off my UCS using the Cisco Integrated Management Controller (CIMC) is that correct?

If this is correct I want to know this:

1) The CICM is a separate unit of the UCS?

2) If I shutdown my server from here I still be able to access the CICM to turn it on back?

3) Is there any danger that my UCS don't turn it on back using this method? 

6 REPLIES 6
VIP Advisor

Re: How to shutdown safely my UCS?

Cisco Integrated Management Controller (CIMC)  - You use this to shutdown the Server, and you can turn them back using CIMC.

This like KVM or ILO (in traditional world).

BB
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***
Beginner

Hello 

Ok thank you for your response, I know now I can shutting down and turn on the UCS using CIMC

But which option should I use to shutdown UCS. the Power Off Server Option or Shut Down Server Option? what is the diffence between them ? and I suposse in both case the CIMC will be available right?

Cisco Employee

Shutdown server will initiate a soft shutdown and Power off will be a hard shutdown.

Beginner

Thank you for clarify me the diference.

In both case after I apply Turn Off Server  or  Shutdown Server the web access to CIMC will be available?

VIP Advisor

yes CMIC available for you.

BB
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***
Beginner

Hello 

Ok thank you for your response, I know now I can shutting down and turn on the UCS using CIMC

But which option should I use to shutdown UCS. the Power Off Server Option or Shut Down Server Option? what is the diffence between them ? and I suposse in both case the CIMC will be available right?

Everyone's tags (4)
CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards