Views
Helpful
Replies

How to specify VLAN in SCU?

SammyBogaert
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i'm trying to run SCU on a C-Series server in order to update the HUU image on the SD Card (i tried running HUU directly from the ISO but it times out on server with a slow WAN connection).

The server is an ESXi which has it's NICs configured as a VLAN Trunk.  When i boot the SCU, it expects an Access port as i can't specify a VLAN in the interface.  Is there a way to specify a VLAN Tag so i can access the network from SCU?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

smcquerr
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Sammy,

Unfortunately there is not a way to set the VLAN when running SCU.  We have not enabled 802.1Q within the SCU software stack.  Is it possible to use an IP address from the Native VLAN on the switch?  Since SCU will not tag frames leaving the interface they could pass through the Native VLAN with no problems.

Hope this helps.

Steve McQuerry

UCS - Technical Marketing

We'll see if we can indeed leverage the Native VLAN for that, but it will require us to make some changes for that to work.

Would be nice though to have this feature in a newer release since most ESXi hosts are using VLAN trunks and the Native VLAN doesn't always have the correct firewall rules/... for SCU to operate properly and reach the central repositories/internet.

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback Sammy.  I agree this would be a useful feature.  I will work with our engineering team to see if this is something we can accommodate in a future release of SCU. 

Steve McQuerry

UCS - Technical Marketing

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: