cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to test hyperflex auto support?

neknifn0saj
Level 1
Level 1

I thought there was once an 'stcli services asup sendasup -t' command to test auto support and make sure the email is getting through, but just did a HyperFlex 2.1 install and it's not a valid command.  Anyone know how to kick out a test message to make sure the email is flowing?

I know the post_install script offers to test asup, and I've told it to, but it just says to check the destination to see if message arrived, and there's no message delivered.  Would be nice to see more detail if it's failing.

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

You should be able to just do:

sendasup -t

Keeping in mind this note:

Note    Up to HyperFlex 2.0, the sendasup command could be run from any node in the HX storage cluster. Starting in HyperFlex 2.1, the functionality changed and the command must be run on the controller VM that owns the eth1:0 IP address for the HX storage cluster.

jkilleda
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Jason,

From the controller VM that owns the eth1:0 IP address for the HX storage cluster, send a test ASUP notification to your email.

# sendasup -t

To determine the node that owns the eth1:0 IP address, log in to each storage controller VM in your HX storage cluster using ssh and run the ifconfig command. Running the sendasup command from any other node does not return any output and tests are not received by recipients.

Up to HyperFlex 2.0, the sendasup command could be run from any node in the HX storage cluster. Starting in HyperFlex 2.1, the functionality changed and the command must be run on the controller VM that owns the eth1:0 IP address for the HX storage cluster.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card