cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HX Data Platform 3.5(1a) vs 3.5(2a) stability/bugs

Shred
Level 1
Level 1

We are preparing to deploy our first HX stack consisting of 2 6248UP FI switches and 8 M5 hybrid nodes (SSD for read/write cache and spindles for persistent storage). I see that Data Platform 3.5(2a) is the Cisco suggested version, which is interesting considering it's the newest version, so I'm not sure how longevity is factored into that. Does anybody have experience with both versions and can share any reason why we should install version 3.5(1a) initially considering it's been out for a few months longer? I tried to use the software research function of the website which says there is 1 bug affecting version 3.5(2a) but when I click the link, it takes me to a page which says the bug ID is required, and I don't know how to find the bug ID. Seems to me the link should include the bug ID and automatically link to the appropriate resource. It looks like there are no bugs affecting version 3.5(1a).

Thanks in advance for any input.

2 Replies 2

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi Shred,

The bug you are porbably talking about is this one: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvn30425/?rfs=iqvred

My philosophy is to always take the Suggested release on the software download page.  Sometimes you will see that the suggested version is NOT the latest listed, but after a week or two the suggested version will be updated to the latest release (or a new release added)

I hope this helps

Don't forget to mark answers as correct if it solves your problem. This helps others find the correct answer if they search for the same problem

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

3.52a has a number of fixes in it.

See https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/hyperconverged_systems/HyperFlex_HX_DataPlatformSoftware/Cisco_HXDataPlatform_RN_3_5.html#reference_oym_25t_r1b

Just because a particular bug doesn't list a specific version, it doesn't mean it's not susceptible to it.

You should look at the resolved caveats for a particular release (3.52a in this case).  3.51a will generally be susceptible to those.

Occasionally a bug will note that is 'introduced' in a specific version.

Think of it more as "Am I running a 'fixed' in version or higher'...

Kirk...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card