Views
Helpful
Replies

Hyper-V 3 (2012) Virtual Fibre

peteclewlow
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Have just been having a wuick look at virtual fibre channel on a couple of B230 M2's and was looking at the virtual fibre channel features of 2012.

Under the Virtual SAN Manager (in Hyper-V manager) both vHBA's have a status of "The device or driver does not support virtual Fibre Channel".

Done a bit of googling but cant find much on it. Can some one tell me if the B230 M2's support this or has anyone managed to get this to work?

4 Replies 4

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have the latest VIC drivers loaded?  If so, which version. 

I'm trying to confirm if we released synthetic FC feature with UCSM 2.1.  I'll update thread when I confirm.

Robert

Hi Robert,

I got the same problem when configuring Hyper-V 2012 to work with Cisco UCS 2.1, when i use the feature to add new one "Virtual Fibre Channel adapter" in the Virtual SAN Manager (in Hyper-V manager) both vHBA's have a status of "The device or driver does not support virtual Fibre Channel".

In this case I'm using UCS version 2.1.1a in all devices of my UCS enviroment, including the both VIC adapters VIC 1240 and VIC 1280.

Follow the list of devices that I have here.

2 fabric Interconnect 6248.

2 Chassis 5108.

4 FEX 2208.

16 Servers B200M3.

Each server with two VIC (1240 and 1280).

I tried add more vHBA in the service profile to this function separate of the vHBA used by boot policy, but even so I could not use none.

This is the answer that I received by the TAC datacenter team.

"UCS version 2.1.1a not support vFC, with Hyper-V 2012 this was reproduced in our labs and confirmed in a previous case, the workaround suggested is downgrade to version 2.0.4b. vFC for Hyper-V 2012 will be added in version 2.1.2x that will be available in March 2013."

Thks Cisco by feedback.

Appoligies for not replying sooner. Thats useful to know thanks.

We are only on 2.0.3b so sounds like we might aswell just wait for the march release

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card