Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hyper-V (windows 2012 - R2)

I am trying to install Windows 2012 - R2 on a B200- M3 blade and unable to proceed with installation. The OS drive requirement/recommendation is 280GB!! I did try with Windows 2012 and it works without any problems. (UCS is running 2.1(2a) and it's Boot from SAN)

Please let me know if any of you come across similar issues.

7 Replies 7

Bruce Heimlich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Raghavendra,

Is it possible to post a screenshot of the attempt to install Windows Server 2012 R2 on the B-200 M3?

Thanks.

-Bruce

ISO image of UCS-related drivers  Login Required
ucs-bxxx-drivers.2.1.3.iso
11-SEP-2013 1952.15 MB

I don't think that W2012 R2 is certified yet ? in the latest driver package above, it doesn't appear !

Bruce,

I don't have a screenshot for the error. But I went through the support matri and realized that Windows 2012 - R2 is not yet certified on Cisco B series blade servers. We went ahead with install of Windows 2012 and it worked without any problems. Thanks a lot for your response.

//Rags

Hi Raghavendra,

That is correct and as wdey pointed out, Windows Server 2012 R2, is not yet supported. I double checked the matrix after my initial response to you. I wanted to be certain before responding.

Thanks.

-Bruce

asharwan
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you. 2012-R2 is not listed in supported matrix yet.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Microsoft will officially release Windows 8.1 as well as Windows Server 2012 R2 October 17th 2013

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card