Helpful
Replies

HyperFlex Doubts

vivarock12
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have some Doubts about certain topic of the HyperFlex this are my questions:

1- Can i upgrade the procesing and RAM power of the Cluster with out a "standalone" UCSC or UCSCB server?

2- how can i calculate the amount of IOPS posible for the cluster?

3- Is it posible to use the HyperFlex as a SAN for External Physical Server?

Thanks for the help.

Greeting,

Gerardo Andree Mejía

3 Replies 3

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

You should be able to change CPU and RAM as long as you aren't downgrading CPU, or doing something that's going to require EVC mode to be enabled.

Ideally, you'll want to have all the nodes mirrored, in terms of CPUs and RAM.

You can individually upgrade the Nodes, without any actual down time, just reduced compute & redundancy while the individual node is down for maint.  This assumes you have vmotion and DRS correctly enabled.

The HyperFlex clustered storage is available to HX storage nodes and compatible UCS compute only nodes.  You cannot share out your hyperflex NFS storage to other vendor ESXi servers.

Your Cisco account team likely has a IOPs sizer/calculator.

In the Lab,, I've just fired about a few Windows guestVMs, multiple virtual storage controllers, virtual disks, and run IOmeter to get some ballpark numbers.

Kirk...

Thaks for the comment and the Help, here the Sizer Tool if anyone needed:
https://hyperflexsizer.cloudapps.cisco.com/ui/index.html#/reverse_sizing

i have this doubts to:

The HyperFlex clustered storage is available to HX storage nodes and compatible UCS compute only nodes.  You cannot share out your hyperflex NFS storage to other vendor ESXi servers.

So i can´t use the HyperFlex as a Storage(like anss NAS or NFS) for an external Hypervisor, rigth?

How can i get the Relationship between data conversion and Deduplication and compresion on the system?

Gerardo Andree Mejía

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card