Views
Helpful
Replies

HyperFlex Installer Deploy Failure

f.henco
Level 1
Level 1
Configuring Storage Node
failed in Task: 'Configuring Network for Storage Controller VM' with Error: 'Configure networking script generated an exception: [SSL: DECRYPTION_FAILED_OR_BAD_RECORD_MAC] decryption failed or bad record mac (_ssl.c:1754)'

HX Dataplatform Installer Version: 4.0(1b)
vCenter version: 6.7u2 (13010631)
Hyperflex ESXi Version: 6.7u2 (13010631)
UCS Manager + FI version Package version : 4.0(4d)A

Capture.PNG
4 Replies 4

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your case is the only one I've seen with that message in reference to HyperFlex.

Hopefully your TAC case will find a resoluation soon.

Just to confirm,, you have tried redeploying the HX installer VM?

I've had a couple of odd cases where an installer was reused for the same cluster after a few different failed install attempts, and the cached SSH keys on the installer for the storage controller IPs caused issues when the cached keys didn't match the newer SSH keys on the re-deployed controller VMs.

Kirk...

Hi Kirk. Will give that a try. Thank you

Hi Kirk, Reinstalled HX Installer but no success with same error msg

Hi @f.henco ,

On your second and subsequent attempts, did you make sure the Scrub Disks option was set?

And a couple of other questions that probably have nothing to do with it

1. Are you using SED (Self Encrypting Drives)?
  2. Is this a normal or stretch cluster install? (to me it looks like a normal install)
  3. Like you, I'd probably use the 4.0(1b) installer, but Cisco DOES recommend the 3.2(5e) release. Have you tried using the 3.2(5e) installer?

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card