cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hyperflex Installer Error - Firmware versions were not fetched

kc00468
Level 1
Level 1

During the Hyperflex Installer, 4.5(1a) ESXi, I am getting an error message, "Error: Firmware versions were not fetched" on the UCSM Configuration page. This is after the selection of servers page. This results in the UCS Server Firmware Version field not having a valid option and the install unable to continue.

Current versions:

UCS Manager System - 4.1(3c)

Rack-Mounts: Cisco HXAF240c M5SX HyperFlex System, C240M5.4.2e.0.1123200851

Fabric Interconnects: Cisco UCS 6332 5.0(3)N2(4.13c)

The Current Catalog Version is 4.5.1-39236

Any ideas on why this is occuring?

Some log information at the time the issue occurs

2021/05/18 05:31:54 Executing script : /usr/bin/python, Output File: /var/log/springpath/catalog_validate_output.log , CmdArgs: [/usr/local/bin/hx.py -f /var/log/springpath/hx.catalog.config.json:/var/log/springpath/hx.config.validate.drive.input.json --catalog-hw-pids-supportability --validate /var/log/springpath/hxinstaller_1_catalog_validate_result.json --hypervisor=esxi -i]
2021/05/18 05:31:54 Setting LANG env variable to : en_US
2021/05/18 05:31:54 Executing script : /usr/local/bin/hx.py, Output File: /var/log/springpath/ucsm_server_bc_firmware_bundle_output.log , CmdArgs: [--get-bc-firmware-support-local /var/log/springpath/ucsm_server_bc_firmware_bundle.log -i]
2021/05/18 05:31:54 Setting LANG env variable to : en_US
[negroni] 2021-05-18T05:31:54-07:00 | 200 | 2.31424819s | 172.19.16.47 | POST /api/list_server_bc_bundle

==> hx_installer_client.log <==
2021/05/18 05:31:56 INFO File :ApiUtils.js, Method :callApi, Additional Details :URL : api/list_server_bc_bundle Request : {"method":"POST","body":[{"id":"UCS Manager","groups":[{"id":"connection","items":[{"id":"hostname","value":"172.19.16.52"},{"id":"username","value":"admin"},{"id":"password","value":""}]}]}]} Response : Status : 200, Status Text : OK, Type : basic, Response Body : {"0":{"groups":[{"label":"HX Firmware Version","id":"4.5(1a)","items":[{"label":"Supported list of UCS B bundle versions","id":"ucs_b_version","value":""},{"label":"Supported list of UCS C bundle versions","id":"ucs_c_version","value":""},{"label":"Supported list of UCS B bundle versions for M5","id":"ucs_b_version_m5","value":""},{"label":"Supported list of UCS C bundle version for M5","id":"ucs_c_version_m5","value":""}]}],"id":"firmware_support"}}

File
/var/log/springpath/ucsm_server_bc_firmware_bundle.log
[
{
"groups": [
{
"label": "HX Firmware Version",
"id": "4.5(1a)",
"items": [
{
"label": "Supported list of UCS B bundle versions",
"id": "ucs_b_version",
"value": ""
},
{
"label": "Supported list of UCS C bundle versions",
"id": "ucs_c_version",
},
{
"label": "Supported list of UCS B bundle versions for M5",
"id": "ucs_b_version_m5",
},
{
"label": "Supported list of UCS C bundle version for M5",
"id": "ucs_c_version_m5",
}
]
}
],
"id": "firmware_support"
}

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please confirm you have both C and B series bundles uploaded to the FI for the 4.1(3c) version...

Thanks,

Kirk...

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please confirm you have both C and B series bundles uploaded to the FI for the 4.1(3c) version...

Thanks,

Kirk...

I'm getting these and will put the on FI. They were not there.

I downloaded these two packages from Cisco Software and then added them to the FI with the Download Firmware option. Once they were on the FIs, the Hyperflex Installer was able to select them as a version.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card