Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HyperFlex with Hyper-V and Windows Updates

Hello,

What is the best practice or Cisco recommendation regarding automatic (or manual) Windows updates for Hyper-V running on HyperFlex? Should I update Windows every time new update appears or it's better to avoid them? I have seen some recommendations for example for Contact Center to never run Windows Update, but it poses a security rist, although those environments are urually installed in clused environments. Is it the same with HyperFlex and Hyper-V? Any help?

Cheers,

Krzysztof

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

i would suggest having a manual update, things i have seen breaking the live environment by doing automatic updates.

read the update, check what is the effect, do it in maintenance window time. if this has high availability, do 1 server at a tme and test it before you upgrade rest of all.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

i would suggest having a manual update, things i have seen breaking the live environment by doing automatic updates.

read the update, check what is the effect, do it in maintenance window time. if this has high availability, do 1 server at a tme and test it before you upgrade rest of all.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks. We decided to run all updates through WSUS, so there is more control.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card