Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HyperFlex with Hyper-V and Windows Updates

Hello,

What is the best practice or Cisco recommendation regarding automatic (or manual) Windows updates for Hyper-V running on HyperFlex? Should I update Windows every time new update appears or it's better to avoid them? I have seen some recommendations for example for Contact Center to never run Windows Update, but it poses a security rist, although those environments are urually installed in clused environments. Is it the same with HyperFlex and Hyper-V? Any help?

Cheers,

Krzysztof

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

i would suggest having a manual update, things i have seen breaking the live environment by doing automatic updates.

read the update, check what is the effect, do it in maintenance window time. if this has high availability, do 1 server at a tme and test it before you upgrade rest of all.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

i would suggest having a manual update, things i have seen breaking the live environment by doing automatic updates.

read the update, check what is the effect, do it in maintenance window time. if this has high availability, do 1 server at a tme and test it before you upgrade rest of all.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks. We decided to run all updates through WSUS, so there is more control.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card