cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I have forgot to bind to a HBA Template while did the customer activation. Can we bind a vHBA Template while blade is in production ? Does this cause a Host Reboot or any issue for SAN traffic to customer ?

I have forgot to bind to a HBA Template while did the customer activation. Can we bind a vHBA Template while blade is in production ? Does this cause a Host Reboot or any issue for SAN traffic to customer ?

3 Replies 3

mojafri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @cloudservicessupport,

That depends, in case those vhba are using the same WWPN pool which is associated with your vhba template, no reboot will happen, BUT if vhba are using different wwpn pool then one present in vhba template, reboot is required. 

Moreover you have to do zoning stuff again as initiator will change. 

Please rate if you find it helpful.

Regards,

MJ 

Hello MJ,

Thank you for your quick reply. We are going to use same WWPN , so in this case, I hope reboot is not required for the blade.

"Moreover you have to do zoning stuff again as initiator will change. " - When is this required ? for using same WWPN or using different WWPN ? or its irrespective use of WWPN ?

We are going to use same WWPN , so in this case, I hope reboot is not required for the blade. - Yes.

"Moreover you have to do zoning stuff again as initiator will change. " - When is this required ? for using same WWPN or using different WWPN ? or its irrespective use of WWPN ? - Unless WWPN changed, no reboot or new zoning is required. Since wwpn pool is same, you are good to go. 

Note: Make sure you read all messages while saving the changes. There shouldn't be any "fatal" or "Reboot required" messages. If its popping up, cancel the changes.

Don't forget to mark answers as correct if it solves your problem. This helps others find the correct answer if they search for the same problem

Regards,

MJ

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card