cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I need to Stop ESXi 6.7 VERSION from testing UCS -220 M3 CPUs/Hardwares each time the server boot

Ibrahim Jamil
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys

I need to Stop ESXi 6.7 VERSION from testing UCS -220 M3 CPUs/Hardwares each time the server boot , kindly any idea

thanks

4 Replies 4

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you referring to the POST time level hardware checks especially for memory test?

Kirk...

Hello Kirk

all kind of hardware check , coz the server sound boot check  each time annoy me as this server sits at my desk

thanks

That is just part of the standard hardware checks that occur during a boot cycle.

ESXi did have a 'quick boot' feature that didn't trigger an actual host reboot.  See https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/6.7/com.vmware.vsphere.update_manager.doc/GUID-3BE855BA-BC43-4133-A493-6AFB30B461B3.html#GUID-3BE855BA-BC43-4133-A493-6AFB30B461B3 although that did have some limitations.

If quickboot isn't an option, not really anything you can do about that, aside from locating the server in rack, far , far away from you desk ;)

Kirk...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card