Views
Helpful
Replies

Image Upload to UCS Server

brihong
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Team,

I received a question regarding TS support, hoping you can assist or refer me to the right contact.

If a customer need to upload an Image to a server and will have the disk or disk on key locally, can the Cisco engineer that is dispatched, upload the image for the customer?

The scenario is that a server lost all its data and the site is a remote site with no local technical resources.
If Cisco will need to ship a server as an RMA, with a Cisco Technician, can that technician upload the image into the new server?

Thanks,

Brian

2 Replies 2

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you have a contract that includes labor, and a server has to be RMA'd, the field engineers can help apply a HUU/firmware to get the replacement server to the correct firmware level.

The customer would be responsible for installing OS.

If the RMA'd server has had it's firmware updated, and CIMC has been configured, it would be possible to boot additional ISO, install OS, etc, remotely via the virtual KVM and virtual media functionality.

Is your question about the field engineer applying the firmware image to the server?

Thanks,

Kirk..

Thanks Kirk for the information. Yes, my requester clarified if the field engineer would be able to apply the firmware image to the server in the given situation.

Regards,

Brian

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card