cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IMC Supervisor 2.2.0.0 Bulk Add CSV format

agarfin
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to create a discovery profile in IMC Supervisor 2.2.0.0 based on a IP Address CSV file. 

I downloaded the sample file and use that in conjunction with this support doc to create my file.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/servers-unified-computing/integrated-management-controller-imc-supervisor/211520-IMC-Supervisor-Bulk-Discovery-CSV-File-F.html

Trying to import it I am getting the error: Invalid Tags format for 192.168.0.41. The correct format is :;:.

The support document indicates that for any fields you dont want to include just leave them blank. My CSV looks like this: 

192.168.0.41,Maryland Primary,"Baltimore, MD",Steve Schmitt, Maryland Primary,,

I'm at a loss. What am I doing wrong? Does anyone have an example of a completed CSV file they can share? Thanks! 

Andrew 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

Looks like the comma in your location field is being parsed as a CSV field separator, which makes it look like your Maryland primary value is actually in the TAG field, which would then not be correctly formatted for a TAG.

Try pulling the comma out, and I bet it works fine. 

192.168.0.41,Maryland Primary,"Baltimore MD",Steve Schmitt, Maryland Primary,,

It appears that the CSV import does not escape out the comma in the field that is enclosed with double quotes.

I filed bug CSCvj22809 in your honor ;)

Thanks,

Kirk...

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

Looks like the comma in your location field is being parsed as a CSV field separator, which makes it look like your Maryland primary value is actually in the TAG field, which would then not be correctly formatted for a TAG.

Try pulling the comma out, and I bet it works fine. 

192.168.0.41,Maryland Primary,"Baltimore MD",Steve Schmitt, Maryland Primary,,

It appears that the CSV import does not escape out the comma in the field that is enclosed with double quotes.

I filed bug CSCvj22809 in your honor ;)

Thanks,

Kirk...

Thanks!!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card