cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IN UCS how can I reboot the chassis only or shut is down ???

mabuhantash
Level 1
Level 1

IN UCS how can I reboot the chassis only  or shut is down ???

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Here is how you can Deomm:

1) Make sure you remove thr profiles from the blade.

2) Select ths chassis# in the equipment tab -> Under the genreal tab -> Choose the option for Decommission Chassis

3) Wait for about 10-15 minutes for it to complete

4) To discover it again:

i) First make sure the cables are conencted properly, i.e. only from IOM A to FI-A and the number of cables are same or more then the links specified in the chassis discovery policy,

ii) Select the Chassis OU under the equipment -> Select the "Decommissined" tab from the work pannel. You'll find the chassis which you removed, you can add it back from there.

I am not sure, what you exactly meant by this : "shall  the GP of FBI A be 2 not one"??

,/Abhinav

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

abbharga
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Mohammad,

The only option to do so if by pulling the power cables out.

Before shutting or power re-cycling the chassis, remember to shut down the OS running on all the blades.

Also if you have any major activities on the system, taking a full back and a configuration backup will be a good idea.

Thanks!

./Abhinav

mabuhantash
Level 1
Level 1

I have proplem in connetivity to the external world , I make the config as mentioed in the book, and evry service profile created okay.

but there is error in the USCM about IOM and the adapter link down ,m I dot know why , all are okay , I have singel fabric A, and I connect

IOM 1 (left ) to Fabric A by two cables ,for server links , the ulinks are configure same vlan for lan and vsam for MDS , and pin group too.

I see IOM 2 (right) gace inaccibility proplems and I could not connect to same fabric A, \i notice amper lights on both IOM. ??

\i try to reboot the server but the adapte 1/1/1 still said link down.  ?? any help

Did you try connecting the second IOM to the same FI at any point as you are seeing IOM 2 on chassis connected to only one FI? If so was the conectivity from the balde working before that?

Since I see nothing major running on the chassis, can you remove the chassis and re-add it back to the UCSM. Also make sure before you reconnect that you have cables only from one IOM going to the chassis.

./Abhinav

thanks for the reply the system is new installation and nothing online it is a demo.

yes I try to connect the second after intial discovery and before doing any thig on blades , I try to acknoledge but it forbidden me to do so I just return the cable to the original IOM .

I will try your suggestion tomorw , and shall I use the two cables from IOM 1 on the left to the FBI A. shall the GP of FBI A be 2 not one .

the procedure for remove just remove or decomession the recomessioning. ??

thanks so much for the replay

Here is how you can Deomm:

1) Make sure you remove thr profiles from the blade.

2) Select ths chassis# in the equipment tab -> Under the genreal tab -> Choose the option for Decommission Chassis

3) Wait for about 10-15 minutes for it to complete

4) To discover it again:

i) First make sure the cables are conencted properly, i.e. only from IOM A to FI-A and the number of cables are same or more then the links specified in the chassis discovery policy,

ii) Select the Chassis OU under the equipment -> Select the "Decommissined" tab from the work pannel. You'll find the chassis which you removed, you can add it back from there.

I am not sure, what you exactly meant by this : "shall  the GP of FBI A be 2 not one"??

,/Abhinav

thanks to god and abhinav , the UCS now is r

un and functioning LAN and SAN and profile is greate no w I have EXS 4.0 on the Server.  My next challange is boot from san and I will do it.

I do the recommession from command line....there is no errors or fualts and even The second IOM disppear I do not want it.

your advice was so helpful

best regards

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card