cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing Ubuntu on UCS Server

nonamer15
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a UCS C220 M4S. It has 4 physical drives configured for RAID 10. A virtual drive is created and set as the boot drive. I'm trying to install Ubuntu Server 18.04.2 LTS, but am unable to. I've got the ISO and I've mapped it within the KVM. I select this ISO from boot. For whatever reason, installation is failing. I'm receiving a bunch of failed verification - update discarded errors. See screenshots below.

ucs_ubuntu_error1.JPG

ucs_ubuntu_error.JPG

I'm getting a variety errors afterwards as well, which would make sense if it doesn't have all the files it needs. Any ideas on what the issue is?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Which iso did you download? If you used "ubuntu-18.04.2-live-server-amd64.iso" could you try "ubuntu-18.04.2-server-amd64.iso". You can find "ubuntu-18.04.2-server-amd64.iso" under alternative Ubuntu installers.

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Which iso did you download? If you used "ubuntu-18.04.2-live-server-amd64.iso" could you try "ubuntu-18.04.2-server-amd64.iso". You can find "ubuntu-18.04.2-server-amd64.iso" under alternative Ubuntu installers.

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

Thanks for the response, John. You were correct, I was using ubuntu-18.04.2-live-server-amd64.iso. Installing ubuntu-18.04.2-server-amd64.iso worked without a problem. Why didn't the live ISO work? I know the live ISO allows you to run Ubuntu without actually installing, but I wouldn't expect it to be so different to the point that it wouldn't even be able to install.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card