cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOM Update Status: Updating

michaelstump
Level 1
Level 1

Just curious if anyone else has run into an IOM firmware update that takes forever. I'm working on a 2 chassis domain with a pair of FIs in an HA pair. The two IOMs (2208xp) in chassis two updated quickly (well, quick for UCS firmware updates, so about 15 minutes). But the two IOMs in chassis one have been stuck at 66% for close to an hour now.

I've been following the UCS 2.0 software update guide. So far, I've activated UCSM. Now I'm waiting for the IOMs to update, so I can activate their startup versions, then activate the FIs and reboot them to complete the IOM updates.

I'm tempted to push ahead with the subordinate FI activation at this point, since that should force the IOMs in its data path to update. But something about those two IOMs being stuck in Updating for so long has me... concerned.

Any advice?

-mstump       

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gregory Scarlett
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Michael,

It sounds like you may be hitting a known bug :

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCto68104

I'd suggest raising a TAC case and we can apply the workaround to resolve the issue.  The process doesn't take too long for us to perform.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Gregory Scarlett
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Michael,

It sounds like you may be hitting a known bug :

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCto68104

I'd suggest raising a TAC case and we can apply the workaround to resolve the issue.  The process doesn't take too long for us to perform.

Thanks, Gregory. I've got a case opened now. I'll post the results once we've worked through the issue.

UPDATE: You were exactly right. The two IOMs that were stuck in "Updating" status had run out of space in /altflash. A TAC engineer cleared out the directory on the affected IOMs, and the updates completed successfully. Thanks for the quick, and accurate, reply! And many thanks to Neehal for the help!

-mstump

Message was edited by: Michael Stump

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card