cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there an alternative or enhanced display adapter for a Cisco B200 M2 blade?

pjwhitby_2
Level 1
Level 1

This may seem like an odd question but

The UCS device driver bundle doesn't include an enhanced display adapter/3D display adapter and only has the Standard VGA display adapter which is bundled as part of the OS. Is there an alternative or enhanced display adapter for a Cisco B200 M2 blade running firmware v1.4.3i.

We had an issue several months ago when we had VMWare installed as a hypervisor and running Windows 2008 R2 as the guest OS. The slowness issue was resolved by using a alternative video driver supplied by VMWare. Now that another part of the business wants to install Windows 2008 R2 SP1 as the OS to run Citrix XenApp (v5.6 I think) directly onto a Cisco B200 M2 blade (CPU is Intel 5680, 96Gb RAM and Emulex M71 CNAs) and they are asking if we need an alternative video driver?

On a seperate note, has anybody had an issue with vSphere v4.1 where the file copies are alot slower, even between guests, than a bare metal install? The SAN is a NetApp SAN and the fabric is MDS 9509s?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

DAVE GENTON
Level 2
Level 2

Not seen the video issue the in 4.1 there is a known issue with file copy issues over TCP in which you need to disable LRO in vSphere in order to get the throughput restored.  I have the exact commands on another laptop I am not near, but you can google it, it's documented well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: